RESPONSIBLE TO: Food Service Director
- Has a sincere love for the Lord and a desire to see campers come to know and grow in Him.
- Is in agreement with Good News Camp’s philosophy and policies.
- Is eager to learn, loves campers, and shows a consistent walk with God.
- Is willing to forego personal rights for the common good of the camp and campers.
- Is flexible and able to work with campers and other staff members.
- Must have experience in a camp setting or an institutional food-service setting.
- Must be at least 18 years of age or have completed one year of college.
- Have a hospitable nature and a servants attitude.
- Shows ability to work with and supervise campers and other staff members and make scheduling assignments.
- Has the desire and ability to work with people in a camp setting.
- Must be in good health with no open sores or contagious diseases and the physical stamina to be able to assist, supervise, and maintain all the dining hall areas and functions.
- Ability to relate to one’s peer group.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with those responsible for other areas of the camp in order to insure the smooth overall operation of the camp program.
- Supervise, schedule and work with the dining hall staff and coordinate the set up, serving and clean up of the dining area for each meal.
- Participate in pre-camp training for all staff.
- Train designated staff in the management of food service as it pertains to them (i.e., setting of tables, operating the dish washing equipment).
- Coordinate a daily devotional time for the kitchen and dining hall staff during the camping week.
- Must be in the dining hall promptly and ready to work, according to the assigned schedule.
- Inspect dining hall for cleanliness and readiness before each meal.
- Plan appropriate utensils and methods for serving each meal.
- Is responsible for timely and orderly operation of meal times and giving the “OK” to ring the bell.
- Assist the Food Service Director and/or Assistant Cook with food preparation when able or needed.
- Supervise dining hall staffs’ responsibility of:
- cleaning and setting tables;
- serving food;
- clearing and cleaning tables;
- cleaning of the dining area after each meal;
- keeping the coffee area cleaned and stocked;
- washing of the dishes and the pots and pans.
- Maintain a clean entrance to the dining hall.
- Wash all soiled kitchen/dining hall laundry daily.
- Work with health officer regarding dietary needs for sick campers/staff.
- Work with the Food Service Director and the Summer Program Director to creatively program for the various ages of campers in regards to themes and special meal times.
- These are not the only duties to be performed. Some duties may be reassigned and other duties may be assigned as necessary.