RESPONSIBLE TO: Waterfront Supervisor
Must be at least 16 years of age. Certified in Red Cross Lifeguard Training, Standard First Aid, CPR for the Professional Rescuer.
- Perform duties in such a way that the camp will operate smoothly and effectively with Christ receiving the glory.
- Encourage and lead by Christian example.
- Display a Christ-like willingness to serve the campers and staff.
- Attend chapel services.
- Be able to work and communicate well with other lifeguards on-duty.
- Follow the work schedule. Punctuality is essential.
- Always wear a swimsuit and have a lanyard and whistle.
- Position yourself in one of the guarding locations from which observing is best to readily assist.
- Screen and instruct campers in procedures at various locations.
- Assist in the maintenance of the waterfront, and aquatic equipment.
- Be attentive to responsibilities at all times.
- These are not the only duties to be performed. Other duties may be assigned or reassigned as necessary.
- Notify the Aquatic Director and Executive Director before signing-out and leaving grounds.
- Staff members are expected to dress modestly and within reason at all times. Swimsuits are expected to be modest, conforming to Christian standards.